22/08/2011

Sarah Kay birthday card

Here is the next of the cards I need to make - a birthday card for a daughter. The stamp is one of the vintage Sarah Kay ones from Stampavie - I bought a few of their stamps from Sir Stampalot and was very impressed with the speedy service - I ordered them online on Wednesday evening and the postman arrived with them on Friday morning! I was also pleased that they delivered to N. Ireland for the same price as the rest of the UK - some companies seem to think NI is some far flung inaccessible part of the world and charge a ridiculous amount for P & P even though we are all served by the same Royal Mail service!( - OK, rant over)!!   I used Prismacolors and Sansodor for the colouring today.  The papers used are again from the First Edition Love Letters pad.  The stamp, punch and brushmarker used for the sentiment label are all from Stampin Up - I love the way all their products work together.  I'm not a big fan of peel-offs but used them for the sentiment on this card as it would have been difficult to get the stamp in the right place if I had printed it on the computer (was just feeling too lazy!)  I am going to try to schedule the next few posts as I am going to house sit for my Mum and Dad in Co Down for a few days and they don't have internet (nor will I be able to make any cards down there!)  So if all goes according to plan, I will be away on my last wee 'holiday' this summer -  to the seaside!

No comments:

Post a Comment