29/02/2012

Birthday cards

Here are a couple of birthday cards I was asked to make recently.  The first was made using a new Marianne die - I thought it would be useful for male cards.  The card itself and the brown mats are from SU - cherry cobbler and early expresso.  The pale coloured card is a very pale grey and came from the Papermill (- before it closed down).  I stamped all over it with brown ink - a stamp from a clear 'travel' set and a really old 'real' stamp - it originally came from the old drawing office of Harland and Wolff (of Titanic fame!).  The ribbon is SU cherry cobbler and the ovals were cut with Creative Memories oval cutters and then the brown one was embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The 80 was die cut using Quikutz dies and the sentiment was computer generated.


The second card was made using some of the 'bits' I cleared from my desk recently - I have a big pile of decoupage pictures to use up!  The card is SU cherry cobbler again, and the background paper is also from SU a few years ago.  The punches used for the sentiment and the ribbon are also from SU.  The sentiment was computer generated and then I added the little adhesive pearls in the corners to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment