20/02/2012

Quick birthday cards

Here are some of the cards I made to start using up all the 'bits' gathered up after tidying up my craft room.  I have lots of decoupaged pictures, so I decided to start by using some of them to make quick birthday cards. 



The first one was made using card from Stampin Up - Really Rust and Creamy Caramel (now retired I think).  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the background and a couple of SU puches for the sentiment labels.  The fake brads were just circles punched with a regular paper punch and then embossed with an embossing tool.


The next decoupage came from the same die cut decoupage sheet (from Craft UK) and again, I used SU card - Brilliant Blue, Yoyo Yellow and Tempting Turquoise.  I used a couple of clear stamps from a set of 'Travel' themed stamps and a Versamark ink pad to make the background and the same SU punches for the sentiment label.


I think this wee bear on his bicycle was from a Kanban set and the 'knitted' background card came with it.  The blue mat was die cut with a Nestabilities die and the sentiment is by Craftwork Cards.  The bicycle embellishment is die cut using a 'Thin Cuts' die and then the seat, tyres, etc, coloured with a black permanent marker - it doesn't actually have red bits on it IRL - that's just the reflection of the top I was wearing when I took the photo!


The final card was from a Paper Nation decoupage sheet of dogs - this one had to be cut out!  The card for the background is SU Rich Razzleberry and the centre circle was embossed using a Sizzix embossing folder, also from SU, then die cut with a Nestabilities die.  It was mounted on a doily and the flowers are a SU stamp, stamped using Rich Razzleberry and punched out using the matching SU punch.  The sentiment is from Craftwork Cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment