14/03/2012

Cardigan Card

Saw a couple of these cards on my friends blog here and just had to try one.  She got the idea from A Passion for Cards blog and I have added my own modifications!  The challenge on Papertake Weekly is 'One for the girls or Mum' - so I will enter it there.  I used an SU sizzix embossing folder to create the texture and also an SU border punch for the collar and pocket trims.  The blue card and ribbon are also SU - 'Pool Party' and the paper is SU 'Spice Cake' - a really lovely selection of paper - nearly too nice to use!  The wee birthday sentiment is from a retired SU set called 'Circle of Friendship' - the set that got me hooked on SU in the first place! I had been following a few blogs and noticed it cropping up now and then - one of very few circular sentiments at the time.  I eventually e-mailed someone who told me it was from SU and they had just 'arrived' in the UK.  I got on to their website and found out that there was only one demonstrator in NI, so immediately phoned her and placed an order - now I can't stop buying the stuff!

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous - I love your adaptation of the cardy card - glad you liked it! Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a lovely cardigan card! and thanks for joining in with this weeks Papertake Weekly challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cardigan card - thanks for joining in with this weeks Papertake Weekly challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete