25/04/2012

WOYWW 151

On my desk this week you will see the first wee felt brooch I made with the extra thick felt I had just got last week.  I cut the flower shape out with an X cut die and the circle with a Nesties die - they didn't cut all the way through, but it was easy enough to finish with the scissors.  I added a few wee purple beads round the outside and some teal coloured shimmery stitches round the edge of the circle.  I finished it off with a wooden button in the middle.
You will also notice some thick perle cotton type thread - I saw this pack of lots of different colours in a local shop the other day and thought it might come in useful for something? - Maybe do for threading through buttons, etc - if I can't find a use for it, I can always take it into school! 
Finally, the lovely paper is a Nitwits set 'Cottage Charm' that came with the Simply Homemade magazine.  I love Nitwits, but I'm never that happy with how they turn out on my printer - I prefer to buy them if I can.  I intend to make a wedding card and so I have been looking to see what else I can match up with the papers, that would be suitable for a wedding card.
Join up to Julia's blog here - so we can have a wee peek at what you're doing this week on WOYWW!

13 comments:

  1. lovely felt flower , thank you for sharing your work space , happy crafting Jill #62

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE broach, Bernice!

    :)trisha
    #167

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty felt flower broach. The threads are very pretty - I'm sure you'll find lots of projects for them.

    The papers look great too - just waiting for you.

    Happy WOYWW
    Kay
    #144

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bernice, gorgeous papers on your desk (and free too!). Your felt flower would make a lovely embellishment. WOYWW Hugs to you Helen 125

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely flower brooch, your desk looks good to go have fun Toni #165

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely papers and your pin is gorgeous!
    Happy WOYWW
    Marnie #153

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the broach... fabulous colour!!! so many threads on your fab desk... Hugs May x x x No10

    ReplyDelete
  8. The brooch is gorgeous. Love the nitwits papers - (Hazel #173) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your felt brooch and really pretty papers on your desk :)

    Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Hugs, Karen #75

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Brooch well made too !
    great workspace
    thanks for passing by
    have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous brooch and love those papers, Nitwits do some lovely papers. Take care, hope you enjoy this week's WOYWW, have been snooping in shifts but I'm getting there! Zo xx 77

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not familiar with nitwits...possibly because I don't print my own papers...I just don't get on with the results! These are really pretty, a good give away huh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice threads and lovely broach, thanks for sharing your desk.

    Eliza #26

    ReplyDelete