26/07/2012

Ruby anniversary card

I was asked to make a 40th wedding anniversary card recently with the sentiment specified and the names of the couple included - so I ended up printing the label on the computer and putting the names on a wee 'tag.'  The image is a die cut square from LOTV and I added some colour with Promarkers.  The red and cream patterned paper is from the Papermania Portobella Road collection and came free with one of the magazines.  I added lots of 'rubies' since it was a 40th!  I will enter it in the Simon Says challenge as it is 'Anything Goes' this week.   I had intended to put this card on my blog last night, but our phone and internet went off while I was chatting on the phone - thankfully it was all back to normal this morning! 
Summer has come at last - it brightened up really nicely yesterday afternoon and seems to be holding for today - lets hope it stays for a while.  Hannah is going for a sleepover with her friends in a tent - so it needs to stay dry!!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet image, love you colouring and the colours that you chose.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card.. Gorgeous sweet image your coloring is fabulous.. great design.. Love it!!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Bernice, love the beautifully coloured image, design, layout and fab details.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Love that die cut frame! Thanks for linking up to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete