05/12/2012

WOYWW 183

Wellies! - times two - part of my nieces Christmas presents.  I decided to make a wee felt flower to hang from the back of each welly so that they would be able to tell the difference - K for Katie and L for Lauren.  They are only two and a half, but it should help them to learn their initial letters (typical teacher!!) The letters were cut using Sizzix dies from SU, borrowed from my friend.  The bows were already on the wellies, so it was easy to attach the felt shapes. I'd love a pair of these myself, but they don't come in size 4! Mind you, I'm not sure my students would want to go out on fieldwork with me if I arrived in a pair like this!

The sides of the desk are piled high with pieces of paper on the left and stamps waiting to be cleaned on the right.  I have been busy making more stuff for our next craft sale - so busy that I didn't even have time to join in WOYWW last week! If you want to join in the fun this week, visit Julia's blog HERE.

14 comments:

  1. oh...my...gosh...I LOVE those BOOTS! Tags you made are REALLY CUTE!

    #11 Apryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea Bernice. Love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what gorgeous wellies! Love how you have added the letters, such an inspired idea - but I guess that's all part of being a teacher too. Love them. Happy WOYWW, Anne x #49

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the wellies-they are gorgeous!& the wee felt labels-great idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the wellies happy woyww
    thanks for sharing
    trace x 33
    ps I have festive candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh arent they lovely - perfectly matched colours too! Sunshine Girl no. 21

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are sooooooooooo stinkin' cute!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do realise that the twins will very soon start putting on the wrong boot deliberately to confuse the teachers. My two sisters-in-law were identical, and one kept losing her school beret and having to go to the bus station to see if had been handed in. On one occasion she said to her identical sister "will you go, they will recognise me". They often took each other's places for a bit of fun. I love what you have done to those wellies though. Thank you for your visit today. xx Maggie #62

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well those little girls will adore those wellies... they are gorgeous!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now those are gorgeous prezzies - I'd quite like some wellies like that! Great idea putting the initials on them :)
    Hugs, LLJ #30 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the wellies and the colours. Great idea to distinguish between them. Thanks for sharing. #76

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute are those boots!! What a brilliant way to get the right wellies on the right person... I'm sure they'll be loved. Happy WOYWW!
    Alison x
    #40

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the wellies and fab idea to have the child's initials on.
    Elaine #19

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful wellies, and what a great idea. My sister put letters on her twin boys wellies at a similar age and they picked up those two letters at any rate.

    ReplyDelete